The beach is calling and the sun is out.
Summertime brings back memories of childhood adventures with friends, vacations with family, special times with loved ones and getaways to far off places. No matter if you are at a beach or in your backyard, there are lots of fun ways to stay cool! Grandma has years of experience making sweet treats for her children and grandchildren. Her time experimenting in the kitchen has paid off! Fun fact: it is also what lead her to create her grime away bar
Here are a few of Grandma’s favorite recipes for staying cool.
- This is a very easy and delicious treat! You simply need to get some grapes, make sure you clean them off and them place them in the freezer for a night!
- Another easy to make favorite, all you need is a few different types of fruit and some kebab spears. Cut the fruit up into tiny cubes or slices, and stack and mix to your hearts delight.
- Any melon types
- Shish kabob sticks
- Add fruit to shish kabob sticks
- Lay on wax paper in freezer overnight
Frozen Yogurt Dots
- Simplicity is the name of the game for fun summer treats, and these little cuties don’t change that trend.
- Your favorite yogurt
- Wax paper
- Baking sheet
- Simply take your favorite yogurt flavor, place it in a sandwich bag.
- Cut a hole in the corner and squeeze out little dots on a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Place in the freezer overnight. You’ll have cute little treats in the morning!
- This may be an obvious one! Watermelon is a great way to stay hydrated on hot days. It also makes a delicious treat.
- Watermelon slices
- Lime juice
- Popsicle molds
- Blend the watermelon, lime juice and honey in the blender.
- Pour mixture and chunks of watermelon into Popsicle mold.
- Freeze overnight.
Root Beer Float
- A timeless classic! The sweetness of the ice cream mixed with the fizziness from the root beer always brings back memories
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Root bear
- Chocolate chunks if you’re feeling wild
- Take your favorite root beer and some vanilla ice cream and combine them to make a delicious treat.
- The mixture should be ¼ ice cream, ¾ root beer.
- Grandma loves to add chocolate chunks as a topping.
These simple treats will help keep you and your family cool and hydrated this summer!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.